I am sure some of you may be wondering how the Bach Flower Remedies fit into the vision of The Heart Of Awakening Blog. The mission of The Heart Of Awakening Blog is to support:
Living from the Heart
Embodying Awareness, Authenticity and Purpose
Integrating a Holistic Approach to Being
Embracing the Interconnectedness of All Things
Honoring and Respecting the Sacredness of Life
The actualization of this is done through sharing explorations, ideas, and tools that support this vision. I have found the Bach Flower Remedies to be one of the most powerful tools for transformation. I use them personally in an ongoing way and also in my sessions with clients. I see the benefit of the remedies as essentially being three-fold:
1) The Bach Flower Remedies provide vibrational and energetic support that facilitates a strengthening of our overall energy field; this is the case with all flower essences, which in some ways work similarly to homeopathic medicine. This type of support is critical in the world we live in today where we encounter toxic, unbalanced and chaotic energies often on a moment by moment basis. Finding ways that stabilize our energy fields is necessary for us to move into a place of greater authenticity, wholeness and soul purpose.
2) The Bach Flower Remedies in particular are one of the best tools I have found, both personally and professionally, to support balance in the emotions and the emotional energy body. Each specific remedy addresses an emotional state or personality trait that is out of balance or is taking us out of alignment with our soul purpose. The remedies bring in a positive energy or vibration to help transmute a negative feeling or state. For example, if we are experiencing fear, a remedy that would address that might bring in the quality of peacefulness or calm to our energy field and begin to transmute our feelings of fear. In a sense, this is very similar to working with affirmations, except we are benefitting from the vibrationally energy of the flowers and mother earth’s vibrational force.
3) One of the other reasons I feel so strongly about the Bach Flower Remedies as a tool for transformation is the process of self-reflection and deepening in a self-awareness that arises as one works with the remedies. I often utilize a Bach Flower assessment as the primary discovery process in my work with clients as it provides a clear, workable framework for identifying patterns, feelings and beliefs an individual is carrying. Also, this is a very collaborative process and it gives an individual the opportunity to self-reflect and self-identify areas of imbalance or disharmony in their lives. Both through assessment and actually working with the remedies as a treatment, individuals deepen in self-awareness and begin to cultivate their own process of transformation and healing.
Last month we focused on Pine, which is the remedy of the inner critic. This month’s remedy is Rock Water, which can have some overlap with Pine; many of the remedies do have crossover properties and subtle variations, as we do as human beings. Interestingly, Rock Water is the only one of the Bach Flower Remedies that is not actually a flower but rather is water from a natural spring that is protected by nature and unaffected by our modern world; it is often known as a healing source.
According to Dr. Bach, Rock Water is indicated for:
“Those who are very strict in their way of living. They deny themselves many of the joys and pleasures in life because they consider it may interfere with their work. They are hard masters to themselves. They wish to be well and strong and active, and will do anything, which they believe will keep them so. They hope to be examples which will appeal to others who then may follow their ideas and be better as a result.” (The Twelve Healers, p.23)
In a previous post, From Comparison To Compassion, I compared Larch, Pine and Rock Water, in relation to patterns of perfectionism, which is clearly a key component of the Rock Water type that is evident from Dr. Bach’s description above. It is these very high standards and ideals that drive someone with a Rock Water personality or pattern to push so very hard. One of the biggest patterns someone needing this remedy exhibits is a feeling that there is always pressure that something needs to be done. This is so strong, to the degree that a person is really never feel able to relax fully.
In addition to perfectionism is another aspect, which is actually the pattern of “Drive” itself. There are several remedies, which we might include in a category of drive remedies; this includes Rock Water, Vine, Vervain and Impatiens. Being driven is something that can be an asset and is certainly viewed as a strong point is our society. However, just like everything else, our “drive” needs to be in balance. If we are too driven, we can easily deplete our energy and may not be able to achieve our goals and even if we do, we may not be able to enjoy them as we proceed on to the next task. For this reason, Rock Water types may be known as “harsh taskmasters unto themselves.”
As I shared in the overview of the remedies above, balance is a key component in transformation, healing and living a life of joy and ease. Rock Water is highly beneficial in returning a person who is over-driven, steeped in perfectionism, high standards and rigidity to a place of balance and ease.
Here are some questions to help consider if Rock Water may be beneficial for you:
- Are you extremely hard on yourself?
- Do you push yourself really hard?
- Do you have enough fun?
- Do you always feel pressure that something needs to be done?
- Are you strict in your way of living, denying yourself many of the joys and pleasures of life?
- Do you have very high ideals, standards and expectations?
- Are you a perfectionist?
- Do you experience mental rigidity?
- Do you believe that worldly desires inhibit spiritual development?
- Do you experience a lot of tension and stress in your physical body?
- Do you tend to adhere to a particular dogma or discipline even when it is not really working for you or causing considerable distress?
Some of the positive qualities that the Rock Water remedy may bring include:
- Realistic expectations
- Balanced self-discipline
- Ability to relax and enjoy life more fully
- Becoming kinder and gentler with oneself
- Learning to have fun
It’s funny that I felt to bring this remedy in just as summer begins. It feels like the perfect time to let go a little and if this remedy seems beneficial, it could be a great exploration to see what “fun” Summer might be like with a little less pressure to get it all done. Also, it is often in heat of summer that we go into the water to cool off and refresh. The Rock Water remedy offers us a way to let go on an inner level, to relax and refresh, and become more fluid with the flow of life, like water itself.
I’m excited to be offering Bach Flower Remedy Courses through BIEP (Bach International Education Program). To learn more about upcoming courses, visit https://bethshekinah.com/bachflowerremedycourses. Next Level 1 Course starts October 14th!
For additional information on the Bach Flower Remedies and Dr. Edward Bach, visit http://www.bachcentre.com.
If you are interested in a Bach Flower Remedy Consultation & Treatment, I offer these sessions in Annapolis, MD, by phone or by Skype. I have found the Bach Flower Remedies to be one of the most beneficial transformational and healing tools that I utilize both personally and in my holistic healing practice. I have worked with the Bach Flowers for over 15 years and I am a Bach Flower Registered Practitioner through the Bach Centre, home of Dr. Edward Bach. Please feel free to visit my website if you would like to explore how the Bach Flower Remedies and an Integrative Transformational Approach may benefit your own process of transformation and healing.
If you’d like to learn more about the Bach Flower Remedies or find an index of previous Bach Flower Remedy Of The Month posts, visit https://bethshekinah.com/category/bach-flower-remedies.
Also, you may enjoy these posts: